Thursday, September 24, 2009

Insurance

So I have been freaking out because I am now too old to be on my parents insurance and have quit my job that gave me insurance. Right before I moved back to NM I decided to have one last check up...and shocker they found pre-cancerous cells!! They want me to get checked again in a few months but whaddyaknow my insurance is up as of 9/1! Now I can apply for COBRA and pay A LOT of money a month or I can apply for BCBS...I went for this option since it was cheaper. Now I have had several nurses call me and ask me the same questions over and over trying to catch me in a web of lies about whether I smoke/drink, how much I weigh, and if my previous conditions have been "resolved"...I say no and their tone immediately sounds disheartening...I sure hope I get some insurance and don't have to hang out at the free clinics or even worse become one of those toothless bag ladies (that might be a little dramatic) but just another lovely part of getting older!
*Alanna

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alanna, I found your link to your blog on your facebook by chance. Girl! Everything you are saying is the story of my life and still the story of my life and I am 27. I am so glad to know I am not alone in this world wondering if I am the only one who is experiencing this kind of problems. I am still trying to figure it all out. I get down because I am living in the same town I grew up in. Everyone is married with kids and I can't even keep a boyfriend LOL. Soon I started feeling like a freak wonder what was wrong with me...took me awhile to realize some of us just take longer to get where we are going. I realized that I should just enjoy the ride and do the things I wanted to while I can. Then I begin to realize I wasn't jealous of these other people and their settle lives (not that theres anything wrong with that), but I am happy where I am even with all its little doubts. Anyway, long story short. I know how you feel. Hang in there! Heather Parker

    ReplyDelete